Here's what I made with it:
Yay, a pretty! Finished today! (Proof positive that I can finish things, if I put my mind to it.)You can't tell from the image, but when I washed the finished product it fluffed up with a little fuzzy halo.
This particular close-fitting watch cap is now on its way to Jenny. Any other takers?
Me! :) Glad you had fun with your sister. How did Miss V like ToTing in your neighborhood?
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely skein of yarn! Yummy!!!! (I knew you could finish things!)
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of - I'm reading an interesting book right now called "The New Policeman" by Kate Thompson. It is contemporary Irish, with some forays into Faerie - where apparently all the stray socks escape to... :-) It's just an aside in this book, but a funny one.
Knitting is something which passes me by, I am always impressed by anyone who can start anything let alone finish it! To a pattern!
ReplyDeleteLovely colours!
ReplyDeleteP.
care: she had fun, although we had exactly one set of trick-or-treaters come to our door this year. And those were Miss V and her two friends.
ReplyDeletetlc: really liking the color shifts in this yarn, though it could be softer... a scarf knitted in it would be beautiful to look at but rough to wear.
pg: my great-grandma taught me how to knit when I was eight, and just now I'm starting to branch out from making scarves. Very very VERY simple patterns are about my speed right now.
penny: Oh aye! Noro Kureyon colors are just fascinating to me right now. If they were a bit less pricey I'd be tempted to run out and buy a whole bag... it's probably just as well that I don't.
OK - I'm awaiting to see your spiffy newly finished necklace posted!
ReplyDeleteI would do that, but since it's going to be a gift for someone who sees this blog on occasion, I'll have to IM it to you or something.
ReplyDeleteI love this hat! The colors are divine. xoxo Nita
ReplyDeleteThe yarn used here is Noro Kureyon in colorway 40. Actually, Jenny picked out the skein--she has good taste, doesn't she?
ReplyDelete