Tuesday, March 24, 2009

...tiiiired...

A
ND why am I tired? Because I'm an idiot who doesn't get to bed before 2:30 a.m. Clearly I'm going to have to rectify this.

Half Price Books has seduced me again. I went in there intending to spend only a little money and walked out with a stack of books the size of Rhode Island. I'm only slightly exaggerating. Most of these will be going to the children's section of a certain volunteer library, but quite a few were also manga for Miss V. Now if she would only review a title or two...

It's interesting, though. At the end of the month when I'm totaling up receipts, I often feel buyer's remorse over dining out or purchasing some trinket I didn't really need. Rarely if ever have I felt buyer's remorse over books. (OK, with the exception of a few reeking titles that I should've picked up from the library first, had I been thinking.) Books tend to enrich, not to impoverish; at least that's been my experience.

And now to earn my epithet. ♫ La la la Laundry Faireeee! la la ♫ *mincing with a dark load*

No comments: