Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nom.

Go 'head and hate on me, haters. I really don't care.

For today I revel in the joy that is HOMEMADE FUDGY FROSTING!

One of my brothers (I'm not naming names, but it's probably Dan) used to beg Mom to make him a bowl of fudgy frosting for his birthday. Not cake with frosting. Not cookies with frosting. Just a bowl of the hard stuff.

It's very simple. It's just basic buttercream frosting with a generous sprinkle of cocoa powder. I've been known to throw some Cadbury Drinking Chocolate in there too on occasion. And maybe a bit of vanilla extract. If you choose to make it German Chocolate Frosting you can throw in some coconut extract instead.

But in any case, OM NOM NOM.

Once again I have put the cart before the horse and made frosting before making baked goods. I guess this means I should whip up a batch of World Domination Sugar Cookies and frost them. In a pinch I could use this awesomeness to frost graham crackers. I'm willing to bet you could frost liverwurst with this stuff and it'd still be edible.

I suppose if you are within driving distance of my humble abode, this might be construed as a "come & get it" post. (Just give me an hour or two, OK? And no liverwurst will be frosted today, I promise.)

ETA:
Yep. Awesomeness.

2 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

on my blog under Epicuriosities, look for The Love Magnet's birthday last year and the Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes. That recipe is most worthy of your fudgy buttercream frosting.

Soozcat said...

Mmmmm!