Saturday, June 05, 2010

Mom

This is Karin, my mom. I cannot begin to explain how awesome this woman is. (She's also really cute, isn't she? Here she is on an adventure in Southern Utah.)

I've been worried about my mom lately. She isn't feeling well. What started out as a twinge of lower back pain earlier this week has turned into excruciating agony over the weekend -- and this is a woman with a very high pain threshold, the kind who usually doesn't bother to take pain pills after surgery. She's been to the hospital several times and the doctors don't yet know what's causing the trouble, though they suspect she may have a problem with one of the discs in her back. They plan on taking an MRI in the next few days. In the meantime she has been living on the sofa, afraid to move too much, and taking pills which scarcely knock the edge off the pain.

My sister Julie is with Mom right now, keeping an eye on her. I may fly out and spell her off later, depending on what the doctors say needs to be done.

Anyway, if you read this, would you please send your prayers, good thoughts, beneficial wishes, positive mojo, etc. her way? I'd really appreciate it, and I know she would too.

Thanks.

4 comments:

natural attrill said...

Best wishes to your Mum, I hope she's OK.
love Penny.
x

Soozcat said...

Thanks, Penny.

Scarehaircare said...

Lurve me some Mama Cat. The woman who adopted me into the fam and taught me Clean-The-Fridge Curry. :) Keeping her in my prayers.

Soozcat said...

I love Mama Cat too, but I'm a little biased. :) Thanks, Carrie.