Thursday, December 02, 2010

The story to tell, however imperfectly

Still plugging away at the Sketchbook Project. I'm pretty sure now where I want to go with the narrative. Yes, the "sketchbook" has to have a narrative, because deep down at my core is something that wants -- has always wanted -- to tell stories. This particular story, I think, will loosely chronicle my journey from self-proclaimed jinx to sype.



I hold off creating things, and my go-to excuse is that I'm afraid they won't turn out as beautifully as I've imagined them. What I keep forgetting is that a) that's pretty much par for the course for all creative endeavors, so why should mine be any different? and b) if I don't allow myself to make the imperfect stuff and get the experience out of the way, I'll never progress to the stage where my creations more closely resemble what I first imagined.

Oh yeah, and c) it's now officially too late for me to be a wunderkind, so there's no point sweating it, right?

No comments: