Sunday, August 07, 2011

Just one more

This will be the last one for a while, I promise. An uncial hand on which my own everyday writing is based (it's also the basis for the handmade font I use in the Laundry Faerie banner, if you're curious).

I think van Gogh was onto something. Most of the time we don't know how much we don't know; we are unaware of the vastness of our own ignorance. It comes with time and continuing experience. Funnily enough, the beginning of true wisdom comes as we begin to recognize just how little we really know. But inspiration is available to everyone, the wise, the foolish and the in-between, as long as they're willing to look up.

2 comments:

MarieC said...

I really like the quote and the style. And I had no idea the font in your banner was handmade! I love it.

Soozcat said...

Well, thanks!

There are a couple of different programs that will make a font out of your handwriting, and I put one together a few years ago.