Monday, January 09, 2012

The status is not quo

There is something you must know about me, and it is this: I am a creature of habit. Novelty is all very well and good in small doses, but eventually I flee to the familiar. Given my druthers, I tweak things until they reach a point where I'm comfortable, then I settle down and stay put.

Software programmers apparently hate people like me. Their target market seems to be people who constantly crave the latest thing, the shiny and new. Trouble is, by pleasing one part of their market they anger another part -- the people who just want things to work the way they're supposed to.

Why do I mention this? Well, it looks like Blogger broke my old, perfectly serviceable blog template. Call it a little gift for the New Year. I tried copying the old one and pasting it back in, and got a meaningless cascade of curly-bracket salad instead of a blog. Grrr.

So if things look a little different around here, it's not by my choice, believe me. Mutta mutta.

No comments: