Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Cuppycakes!

Miss V was deep in the middle of a reading jag today.

"Suzie, could you go to the store and buy me a cupcake?" she asked.

Hmm.  Well, yeah, I guess I could.  But I had the ingredients and the will to do BETTER than that.

Behold!

Cream-cake cupcake with vanilla-almond powdered-sugar frosting.  All homemade.  Mmm-hmm!

Anybody can buy a boring ol' Pinkabella cupcake... and there's nothing wrong with store-bought goodies.  But nothing tastes quite as good as homemade food cooked from scratch.

Which reminds me, local people: who's coming to Soup Night tomorrow?  7 p.m. at our place.  Bring a bowl and spoon.  If you plan on coming, send me a comment so I can get an accurate head count.

In the meantime, we've got a whole lot of extra cupcakes and I'm a diabetic.  Is there a brave volunteer willing to throw himself/herself on a cupcake grenade and take one for the team?

(Please?)

No comments: