Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ngh. bleh.

Feeling super ugly today. (Hey, we've all got those days, right?) My fabulous sister Jenny says that on days like this you should make a special effort to look good, to give your flagging self-esteem a little visual boost. I've read suggestions from other people that you should go out and do something you really enjoy -- go to a museum or see a movie or visit one of your favorite places in nature. Still others suggest getting in some exercise. I dunno.

I did try one thing -- since I love libraries and don't visit them nearly as often as I once did, I stopped by the Lake Hills branch around noon and just read for an hour. Even if I still feel kinda fea, it was peaceful and quiet and I got to escape into the world of the book for a while.

No comments: