Tuesday, November 04, 2014

It's, like, 6 a.m. here.

ngh. Why am I even awake at this unholy hour?...

...oh yeah. Birthday! YAY BIRTHDAY! As always during this festive time, I bestow upon you all blanket permission to GOOF OFF. (But if it's an early hour, keep the noise down to a dull roar for your neighbors' sake, right? Right.)

For now I'm exercising my birthday right to be a complete bum and go back to bed. Will update this later.

ETA: A quiet but lovely day, and one of many books! I picked up a copy of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere for myself, V got me a copy of Under the Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald, and Captain Midnight brought his Birthday Chase game to bear, at the end of which was a copy of Shakespeare on Toast by Ben Crystal, plus a CD of Shakespeare in Original Pronunciation which I am very keen to hear. I had many happy-birthday messages and phone calls from family and friends, and we went out tonight for a sumptuous feast of Korean food (bring on the banchan!). Many thanks to everyone who made it a day worth remembering.

No comments: