Saturday, January 16, 2016

Handmade Christmas update: gift tags

As previously explained, I've set up a year-long goal to create handmade Christmas gifts for 2016. Movement toward that goal has been pretty light-duty so far this month -- sending out a handmade gift survey to see what people might like to receive, putting together lists, and so forth -- but I've also made a few gift tags. These were made with the idea that I'd be giving some knitted or crocheted gifts, and would need to provide care information along with them.

These 2.5" diameter hang tags haven't been threaded yet, but they're otherwise ready to go. I cut pictures I liked out of a yarn supply catalog, glued them to white cardstock, and cut them out with a large craft punch, then added a smaller hole punch for the threads. The to/from info and care instructions get handwritten on the back.

Kinda like this.
Easy peasy, I liked how they turned out, and they're made with stuff I already had, so bonus!

Today I think I may move further toward the goal by making a few sets of earrings. EXCELSIOR! (Or perhaps RAFFIA!)

No comments: