Monday, April 30, 2018

Movin' movin' movin'

O
NCE again I'm in Utah, hanging out on my mom's laptop (ding-dang touchpad! Bane of my existence, it is!) and doing some quality vegging after several hours helping Miss V pack up her dorm room. And tomorrow I'll do it again. And the day after that, and possibly the day after that (though I sincerely hope we'll be finished by then). We moved quite a few boxes into a storage unit today, but there are going to be a few problematic items -- primarily her mini-freezer, which is still partly full of food and will need to be defrosted before it's packed away, and a huge painted scrim which will not fit into the SUV and might have to be lashed to the roof. It's just another merry adventure in the life of Miss V.

I miss Captain Midnight. I miss Roxy. I miss sleeping in a bed. Mom's sofa is comfy enough, but I'm getting to be an old lady and couch-surfing is rough on the hips. And all this moving and sorting and packing and cleaning and tossing and donating and such is giving me the Urge to Purge. V does not like getting rid of her stuff. At. All. And I have similar pack-rat tendencies, though in my case I think much of it has to do with inertia -- boxes in the garage are out of sight and thus tend to stay in the garage. We have a whole lotta Stuff that we don't need or use, as evidenced by the fact that it's been sitting in boxes in the garage for more than a decade now. I've cleared some of it out, but as the TV product shills say, "But wait, there's more!" It is making me twitchy.

Anyway, when I get back I will give CM muchas smoochas, pay Roxy some attention, and without further ado, start unpacking garage boxes. EVERYTHING MUST GO!

2 comments:

MarieC said...

Better to do it now, than when you HAVE to move! (I speak from experience.)

Soozcat said...

And I'm certain you're right. It's like the difference between reconciling your bank account every month and waiting until you have three years of statements to work through. Gahhh.

I am very slow about these things, but I do get them done. Eventually.