Thursday, April 19, 2018

When life gives you Peeps...

It's been nearly three weeks since Easter, and if you can find leftover Easter candy on sale at this point you may notice that it is SUPER CHEAP. At least that's what I noticed today.

This is just a small part of today's trove of cheap sugary goodness.
Only 15 cents aPeeps, erm, apiece. Not too shabby.

And, as often occurs to me when chocolate and other goodies start getting marked down to 90%+ off their original retail price, my marshmallow fudge recipe doesn't care whether the necessary 16 oz. of chocolate comes in chocolate chip form or cut-up solid chocolate Easter bunny form. Likewise, a cup of marshmallow creme equals a cup of mini-marshmallows equals a cup of cut-up Easter Peeps. (That's really all Peeps are -- specialty-shaped marshmallows dusted with food coloring -- so you can use them in almost any recipe that calls for marshmallows. Peep S'mores are especially satisfying to make, because you first roast and then squish that Peep. Muahahaha.)

So when life gives you cheap Peeps, make marshmallow fudge. It's what I'd do.

In fact, I think I'll go do it right now. TTFN!

No comments: