Saturday, February 29, 2020

Bonus Day

For some time now, I've had this notion to write a story set in the Quadrennial Leapmarket Fair (to which I have referred obliquely on this blog a time or two), a shindig that takes place in an alternative magical (well, OK, more magical) version of Pike Place Market every February 29. It's been on the back burner because, while I have a solid location in the Leapmarket Fair, I haven't created much motivation to spur on my protagonist. But during some downtime over the course of the most recent trip with Miss V, I cobbled together a few more ideas... and while I didn't finish by Leap Day, I have moved the story out of the perpetual holding pattern it was in. So I'm pleased even if I don't have a finished tale to share, because THINGS ARE HAPPENING. Finally.

Also, CM and I went geocaching today, because nothing says "welcome to bonus day" like finding a cache or two. I finally found the cache CM placed back in 2013, signed the log, and then danced a little triumphant jig, because I'm a giant turbo-nerd.

That is all. At least for now. Gotta get back to writing.

No comments: