Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Reaching out

F
OR years, my mom had this recurring desire to start a charity. Not just any old kind, but something specific.

"I'd love to match up families with each other," she'd say. "Then one family could help the other one get through tough times, kind of the way an extended family does. I just think it would work."

Mom would have been thrilled to discover that someone else had the same idea -- and, further, acted on that idea and started a charitable organization. Family-to-Family provides the link through which one family can help another get through tough times. If you have enough for your needs and a little left over, I urge you to contribute. Should you decide to participate, you can choose to help a struggling family, a veteran, a Holocaust survivor or a refugee family get through the pandemic. There's more information at the website.

It's what Kari Sue would do! After all the kind and selfless things people did for her and her family, she would have been so excited to help someone else. I only wish I'd discovered this place a long time ago and could have shared the news with her before she died.

No comments: