It's been a dark, gray, drizzly morning, quite a letdown from the crisp Halloween night preceding it.
In this light, the decorations I placed on the front door the night before look rather pathetic.
It looks like the once-golden ginkgo has sneezed.
Feeling a little deflated by the day, I went out to check our rather grim mailbox.
Bill, bill, more election materials, advertisement... and a bronze key, indicating I had a package in the big box. Hmm.
Looks like those cheeky fellows at the Royal Mail are sending me mash notes again.
But wait... what's this?
This was no ordinary parcel!
I hastened inside, my spirits beginning to lift, and forthwith commenced ripping. Pretty soon I had revealed:
The Box of Delight! Yes, complete with cuppycakes!
Here's what was inside:
Oh, and I suppose you want to see it all unpacked, do you?
Lookie here! And even more treasures to open up!
Here is the whole resplendent shebang:
This delightful fairy package contained:
* a paper lantern and information on the Chinese zodiac
* Halloween greetings and a chocolate lollipop
* a packet of peppermint tea (from none other than HRH the Prince of Wales himself)
* a wonderful little tin of fairy treasures (including buttons and hard candies)
* some luxurious-looking salt scrub for the bath
* a mini Dairy Milk bar festooned with Freddo the Frog
* a wee, white Sugar Mouse with green eyes
* lovely origami paper and a bookmark
* a packet of Milky Way Magic Stars
* some small notes with inspiring fortune-cookie-like sayings inscribed thereon
* some teeny Laundry Fairy clothespins with wooden flowers and ladybugs on them
* a dollar for my sister (yay!)
* and a box of Walker's Shortbread (how did you know? I LOVE this stuff!)
Not shown: the Curlywurly bar that somehow got overlooked in the box. Mmm.
Many, many thanks to the kind fairy Emma Faulkner for sending such a delightful packet! I feel like my birthday's come three days early!