Friday, December 29, 2006

Little Ms Two Speeds

Let's face it, I've always been poky. Somehow my internal clock runs a leetle bit slower than Real Time, and I continuously operate under the delusion that I have more time to get things done than I truly do.

When I was younger, my mom put it another way. "Suzie," she'd say to me in frustration, "you have two speeds: Slow and Reverse."

Never has this statement been more true. Here it is five days after Christmas, and I'm still working on the last of two handmade gifts that weren't completed in time to be given on Christmas Day. Oh, they'll be worth waiting for -- they're warm and snuggly, and the colors are fantastic if I do say so myself -- but the point is that the recipients shouldn't have had to wait for them in the first place. But that's Little Ms Two Speeds for you.

Maybe I should just put it into Reverse and gun it?

5 comments:

tlawwife said...

I believe I have those same speeds. The thing I love about not having to make all of my Christmas gifts now is that I get to go to bed on Christmas Eve instead of being up all night finishing things.

tlchang said...

You crack me up. I'm glad to see you back online though - missed you! Hope you are all better and thoroughly enjoyed your holidays.

Are you back in OR now? Or getting stay 'far away' for longer?

Must update! Enquiring minds want to know!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a lovley christmas and happy new year. Sorry my sercret fairy parcel has not arrived it got posted in time for the deadline.

French Fancy... said...

I bet those gifts will be twice as gratefully received because of the build up to getting them.

Hope 2007 is good to you.

Anonymous said...

There is an old cartoon from one of the World Wars, saying more or less the same thing - two soldiers trudging over a muddy no-man's land, and the older one saying something like

"Sarge, I ain't got no more'en two speeds; stop and go'.

I am gradually learning the wisdom of planning weeks if not months in advance. For anything.