Thursday, October 15, 2009

Better living through websurfing... kinda

S
O I bought about 2 pounds of Alaskan cod at the market the other day, because hey, it was on sale and I was reasonably sure I could come up with some recipe or other that would make good use of it. Fast-forward to today, as Soozcat drags around the house making various mucous-y noises and wanting to crawl into a hole somewhere... and yet people must be fed. And there's the cod, sitting in the fridge, waiting patiently to be foodified. So I typed "cod recipe" into the browser and took the first result it gave me, and lo! there was a recipe for a lovely fish chowder with ingredients we already had on hand. Tweaked it a bit, and we had dinner on the table for tonight, with enough leftovers that Captain Midnight may take another serving to work for lunch tomorrow. Not too shabby.

Of course, there is also the downside of the web, especially when I'm sick. That would include spending far too much time on Facebook playing Bejeweled Blitz, and other mindless pursuits. I should be writing all sorts of things instead. But I prefer to be distracted, because I'm a bum.

Remember, people, the Internet is a tool. That doesn't mean you have to be one.

No comments: