Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Who wants her sister to be a millionaire?

I think it's about time I let you in on a not-very-well-guarded secret.

As you probably already know, Jenny and I attended the Seattle-area Who Wants To Be A Millionaire auditions this summer. Neither of us was chosen for the contestant pool. Around the same time I also urged Julie to take the test. She passed and entered the pool of possible contestants, much to our excitement.

Well, a few weeks ago the Millionaire people contacted her. She's going to be on the show in the very near future, and I'm going out to New York next week to attend the taping, along with several other family members. I'm thrilled for Julie and hope she does very well on the show.

Just one more note: I'll post the airdate as soon as I have it -- but please don't ask me in advance how the show turned out, because in all probability I won't be able to say. I'm guessing all participants (including audience members) will be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement before taping starts.

In the meantime, everybody cross your fingers for Julie!

ETA: taping should occur on the 16th. Still not sure about the airdate.

No comments: