Thursday, October 07, 2010

Jots and snippets

T
HERE'S something odd about the light this morning which makes it look more like the light of afternoon. (No, it's not just because I got up late.) Maybe I'm so used to overcast, fog, or other light-diffusing weather phenomena in mid-morning that actual sunshine at this hour seems unnatural to my Pacific Northwestified eyes.

South Beach continues apace. I'm pleased with the actual food on the diet so far -- it isn't difficult to adapt what we'd normally eat to Phase 1 rules, just cutting out the starches and fruit -- though the real test will come when I step on the scale at the end of the week. I have to remember to keep drinking water; it's not a habit that comes easily. Probably has something to do with growing up in the East Bay Area and putting up with the muddy-tasting, chlorinated delta water that came out of the tap. Fortunately, our current municipal water isn't bad at all.

It's also about time I got on the stick and planned out The Big Disneyland Trip 2010, which I realized today is only a month away. eep. Yes, I think this will make the -- fifth? sixth? I've lost count -- trip away from home I've had this year. Frequent flyer miles, come to mama.

6 comments:

Sensuousgirl said...

Remember to scream "I'm at Disneyland" at the top of your lungs as soon as you go through the turnstiles. Just for me.

Soozcat said...

We wouldn't think of going to Disneyland without this ritual! :)

Wendy Jean said...

Good Luck! Oh, that's a great Disney ritual.

I need to start walking again. Let me know if you ever want to go for a walk, even late.

Soozcat said...

I'd like to go walking... but I'll warn you, I'm more of a moseyer than a walker. An ambler, even. If you are a power-walker, my lack of speed will probably make you scream. Just FYI. :)

Wendy Jean said...

anytime at this point i don't walk with much power! lol!

Soozcat said...

Hee! I'm hoping eventually I'll be able to do more than an amble.