Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mothers' Day

I consider myself very fortunate to have not one, but two mothers in my life.

The first one is, of course, my own mutti (shown here with monkey). I've written about her here on several occasions. She is an awesome lady who's been through a lot and who continues to rise above it; even if she weren't a relative, I would consider her my dearest friend.

The second mom is the one I picked up when I married Captain Midnight. I'm of the opinion that when you marry, you don't just choose a spouse -- you choose a family as well. In that respect I've been exceptionally fortunate, because Captain Midnight's mom is fantastic. From our very first meeting, when CM invited me to his home for dinner, she and Dad made me feel like one of the family. I've never had to worry about winning over my in-laws, about being "good enough" for their son, or about much anything else -- and I recognize what a blessing that is, having known and talked to a number of people who have had less than ideal experiences with their in-laws.

I love both my moms. I'm glad to have them in my life.

No comments: