Wednesday, January 04, 2017

UFOs must die!

(Home again, home again, jiggity jig. Still a little raspy, though I no longer sound like Pat Buttram, so that's a plus.)

Having recently returned from the annual Christmas trip, I've been forced to realize something.

My house is full of UFOs.

No, it's probably not what you think it means. In the knitting/crocheting/spinning/weaving/general fiber arts community, this term means "unfinished objects." And I have too many unfinished objects to count right now. From my current vantage point I can count at least five unfinished blankets, and I know there are more elsewhere. I've already mentioned that I have trouble finishing things, and this tendency is starting to bug me.

So. Moratorium on new knitting and crocheting projects until I have finished the ones lying in a partial state of completion all over the house -- or gotten rid of them. Making a metric buttload (it's a technical term) of LEGO earrings and putting them up on the Etsy shop. Buying a new binder and filling it with the postcards I want to keep (and ONLY the postcards I want to keep -- the rest are going in the trash or recycle bin). Etc., etc., etc.

BECAUSE I CAN FINISH PROJECTS AND I CAN PROVE IT. rassnfrassn gracknbrickn.

No comments: