Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The stuff you find on the floor at your local mall

I'm not too sure about this. My best guess is that it's a fragment of some sorta spec script.



INTERIOR - BABYLON 5 - DAY SHIFT

A young JJ ABRAMS is gazing upon a viewscreen. J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI stands beside him. He is also looking out.

JMS: One day, lad, all this will be yours ...

ABRAMS: What - the viewscreen?

JMS: No! Not the viewscreen, lad ... All this ...

(indicates the slightly pixelated visual of the space station on the viewscreen)

JMS: ... all that you can see, stretched out over the sectors and regions ... as far as the eye can see and beyond ... that'll be your franchise, lad.

ABRAMS: But, George ...

JMS: Michael, lad.

ABRAMS: But, Michael, I don't really want any of that.

JMS: Listen, lad, I built this franchise up from nothing. When I first came here, this was all empty space. Everyone said I was daft to build a space station all alone in the night, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It was destroyed by sabotage. So I built a second one. That was destroyed by sabotage. So I built a third. That one also got destroyed by sabotage. The fourth one disappeared in 24 hours and the idea for it got nicked by Paramount. But the fifth one stayed up! And that's what you're going to get, lad, the strongest station in the known universe.

ABRAMS: But I don't want any of that, I'd rather ...

JMS: Rather what?

ABRAMS: I'd rather ... make ... Star Wars ...

STAR WARS MAIN TITLE THEME SWELLS UP

JMS: Stop that, stop it! You're not going to play John Williams while I'm here!

STAR WARS MUSIC WINDS DOWN RATHER PITIFULLY

No comments: