Friday, September 28, 2018

Another day, another update

So yesterday Mom was discharged from the hospital. And there was much rejoicing. *yay* She went directly to the same rehab center where she stayed when she got her hip replacement, so most of the people there remembered her and greeted her like an old friend. She had something to eat, watched the Kavanaugh hearings (no, don't ask. I've got my opinions, but this isn't the appropriate place to vent them) and went to bed.

Today I was kept pretty busy getting everything ready for Miss V's 22nd birthday. It was a small but happy gathering. V went over to visit Mom and brought presents so she could open them in front of her grandma. We were also all wearing purple "Happy Birthday" tiaras and blowing into noisemakers, so I think we kept the nurses entertained. My sister and I stayed late and helped Mom get ready for bed. We left her listening to the Audible version of Nothing to Envy, about life in North Korea.
Later, back at the house, we sang V the birthday song, had ice cream cake, V's mom rolled some sushi, that kinda thing. I am slightly overfull right now, but not dangerously so. Hoping to keep it that way. I hope it was a good birthday for V.

No comments: