Sunday, October 21, 2018

It's always something, isn't it?

Yesterday I got a text from my sister Jenny. It read, "Mom's in the hospital again."

Nurse at bedstead
After open-heart surgery, there's usually quite a bit of fluid that drains from the patient's lungs and chest cavity. This usually clears up some 7 to 10 days after surgery, but Mom's system has been merrily draining fluid for weeks. Over the weekend, her lungs began to fill and she was having trouble breathing, so Jenny (wisely) took her to the hospital. Fortunately Mom doesn't have sepsis, as her doctor first feared, but she will need followup surgery tomorrow (Monday) to fix her lungs.

As always, if you pray, I'd appreciate prayers for my mom's recovery, and for the doctors in charge of her surgery to perform to the best of their skills and abilities. If you don't pray, you could remember my mom by spreading positivity to other people -- my mother is one of the most relentlessly positive and practically optimistic people I know, and there's a strong need for that kind of energy in the world right now.

Thanks.

No comments: