Thursday, January 10, 2019

You complete me. Please.

OK, as part of my "do the hard things" resolution, I'm looking to finish a lot of stuff this year. Like most people on the ADD spectrum, I'm really, really good at starting projects, but somewhere along the way my interest peters out, I get distracted by something new and shiny, or I get concerned that I'm going to screw it up somehow, and I abandon them. As a result, I don't need to start any new projects right now, as I already have kajillions of projects around the house in various states of incompletion.

This shall not stand. Most of these were good to great projects before I let them down. And I'm finding that once I go back to work on them, especially after a long breather, I have renewed motivation to see them through to completion. So far I've got three red scarves ready to put in the Red Scarf Box for next year, a fourth scarf so close to done that I can see the finish line from here, and... well, at least three others that will have to wait while I finish a cross-stitch project that's about 60% complete. After a multiple-month hiatus, I've also started writing the next chunk of Moving House. I may even get some forward movement on Unseen (though I'm loath to promise anything concrete on that project, as it's given me a fierce case of writer's block).

It's hard, but I can get things done. I WILL get things done.

SO LET'S GIT STUFF DUN!


And look good while doing it!

No comments: