Friday, November 17, 2006

Nnngh. Feh.

Well, I've been trying to convince myself it's just an allergic reaction, but as of last night I was confusedly dizzy, it hurt to swallow, and I started coughing up brownish goop. I think it's official... I've got a case of The Ick.

Time for a cup of peppermint tea. (Thanks again to Emma for sending some; it's coming in very handy.) Peppermint, according to my hippie herbal healing manual, is a mild pain reliever and antiseptic, and it can help clear the sinuses of crud, so it's worth a shot. That, and it fits with the ol' doctors' mantra of "in times of illness, force fluids." Whenever I hear that phrase, I always have this interesting mental image of a doctor chasing me with a turkey baster, yelling, "Come back here! I gotta force fluids!"

1 comment:

tlawwife said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope it gets better soon. Peppermint sounds much better than that nasty licorice cough syrup my dad used to make me take.